Village Home Care is always looking for employees with experience as a caregiver, CNA, home health aide, or housekeeper, but we will also consider mature individuals who display the desire to learn our profession. We provide flexible hours and competitive wages.
Welcome to our online employment application page.
All employees of Village Home Care are required to pass a complete extensive nationwide criminal background investigation and undergo a pre-employment drug test with a negative result. After employment, all employees are subject to random drug testing while employed by us.
We are always looking for employees with experience as a caregiver, CNA, home health aid, or housekeeper, but we will also consider mature individuals who display the desire to learn our profession.
We provide flexible hours and competitive wages.
Please complete this short online application, and we will get back to you as quickly as we can. Thank you for considering Village Home Care as your next employer.
As part of the employment process for a Caregiver or Housekeeper, VHC maintains policies and/or procedures that: Maintain all Caregivers as employees of the company. Private contractors or self-employed individuals are never utilized as Caregivers or Housekeepers.
• We perform extensive nationwide criminal background checks on each Caregiver or Housekeeper employed by VHC.
• We verify that employees (who will be driving on behalf of our clients) have a valid driver’s license and insurance on their car. We also carry a "non-owned and operated" liability policy of our business. We obtain a DMV driving record for each Caregiver who will be driving a client, and ensure that he or she has not had any serious traffic violation convictions in the past three years, including DUI and reckless driving.
• We always conduct face-to-face interviews for employment with each applicant covering: employment history, experience, skill knowledge, and other topics as we deem appropriate.
• We require at least two positive references from prior employment.
• All Caregivers and Housekeepers must provide negative TB results annually when tested.
• We require that all Caregivers and Housekeepers go through an orientation upon hire that reviews all company policies as they pertain to client care, including mandatory reporting offender abuse. We validate a Caregiver applicant’s home making and home care skills through verified experience, demonstration, or completion of written assessment.
• We require that all Caregivers and Housekeepers be able to effectively communicate in English to ensure that, in an emergency situation where they would be required to communicate with emergency personnel on behalf of a client, emergency personnel would be able to accurately understand the client’s situation and other pertinent information necessary to ensure the client’s well-being.
Our employee training program meets or exceeds guidelines set forth by the State of Arkansas for elder care. Included in our annual training program will be training on developing the necessary skills to aid with all activities of daily living, correct methods for transferring in and out of beds, chairs, recliners, and wheelchairs. Hygiene care for clients that are unable to shower, or bath is also covered in our training programs. We also provide advanced training to our employees on the care of clients with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Additionally, we provide training to all Staff Members about their responsibilities regarding elder abuse identification and reporting and HIPPA regulations pertaining to privacy.